Gardens

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Reflection on "7-1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners"

7 - 1/2 Habits of Effective Lifelong - a Reflection

Most challenging for me are Habits 1: Begin with the end in mind and Habit 5: Create your own learning toolbox.
Habit 1: While I like to put things into perspective when I teach, and show how everything relates to the bigger picture, I often find it hard to see the big picture before tackling a project. I am not good at visualizing the end. My husband can see the vision in detail when we undertake an endeavor around the home, but I do not have that gift. I see only what lies before me as far as what I need to do right now, then I need to be told what to do next, step by step to reach the goal.
Habit 5: I am not sure I know how to create my own learning toolbox as applies to this "23 Things" online class. I have read through the items but cannot picture myself yet being successful in gathering all the items into my toolbox. It's that visualizing thing again. I am confident I an take on the challenges but don't have the view of using the tools--at least not effectively--yet.
Habit 2: Accept responsibility for your own learning and Habit 4: Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner are both the most resonant for me as a lifelong learner and most important for me as I work through this course. Also for the latter Habit 3: View problems as challenges will be extremely important as I work through this course, as I do anticipate snags along the technological trail.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully, by the end of this course, your learning toolbox will be easier to visualize.

    ReplyDelete