Gardens

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thing # 21 Google Tools

In exploring the options with Google Tools, I choose to make my own iGoogle home page. Notice the Japanese Tea House, in keeping with Thing # 21's Japanese Haiku theme? I like the soft but luminous lights sprinkled throughout the picture and the little cartoon fox on the dock. I added a couple of gadgets, the Quotes of the Day and the pair of roaming turtles--so cute!

I also fiddled around with my own Google Calendar, charting my hours of crunch time work on this online "23 Things" course. It shows in graphic terms my efforts each evening to catch up and finish.

I must admit after reading some of the comments others left on the iGoogle site I was skeptical about adding gadgets. Maybe it's my suspicious nature, but I got the feeling Google was planting ways to track me and my movements in cyberspace or get information to base the sending of salacious emails to my account. Google is a mighty force in our world and seems to be very powerful. Just look at all the creative, useful and captivating ways it has to cast its spell over people. Larry Page for President!!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Using my Igoogle is what keeps me sane while facilitating this course. I don't think I could do it without my Igoogle page.

    ReplyDelete