Gardens

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Thing # 12 Created and Embedded Slideshow

While wandering through the wonderland of Flickr, many photos caught my eye because of their outstanding light features. I was not successful in copying these for my themed group slideshow, but I still want to share them here.

Light and its various accents used in photography, makes for stunning effects. These photos are examples of the marvelous beauty changing aspects in light can add to a subject. Light can even be the subject.

While I was not successful at using the selected Flikr photos in my slideshow, I was able to upload some of my own and link the slideshow here. Reminiscent of Psalms 119:9 and Ephesians 5:26, it features a young man being washed both spiritually and physically. Then I embedded a slide show with the same selected theme from another source, Picasa Web Albums.

This was the most complicated assignment for me so far. I missed those training wheels of support in each previous assignment and was forced by sheer determination to repeatedly hunt, search, review and finally learn how to execute this important Web 2.0 skill of making and embedding a slide show. Whew!! Can you smell the sweat? I feel like I need to jump into those refreshing waves above! I do not feel the freshness of each new morning depicted in the slide show.

Yet, I am still not sure I have accomplished the intended goal. I created and slideshow and I embedded a slideshow, alright, but they were two different siideshows and the one I embedded was not using Flickr photos or ones I uploaded to Flickr. For me I will call it good, though, as I have given it my best shot after many, many hours of work. I'm moving on to the next Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment