Gardens

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Thing # 15 Social Bookmarking and Tagging with Delicious

Exploring delicious.com was, to me, more user-friendly than some of the activities in the "23 Things" course have been. I was able to navigate the site and requirements a little more easily and quicker than other processes.

The concept of sharing sites with others according to personally-chosen tags, or topics, was appealing in that it gives identifying information to other people who share the same interests. It makes locating information on the web quicker and to the point, profiting from other people's searches, bookmarks and tags.

It was cool to see my bookmarked sites (TasteSpotting | a community driven visual potluck by lynkay2463 Yesterday 6:23 pm;lynkay2463's Bookmarks on Delicious by lynkay2463 Yesterday 6:35 pm) on the "misd23things" wikispaces site soon after tagging them with the same. The skill of embedding with an RSS feed was directly applicable to this activity.

I enjoyed viewing the delicious.com sites of other "23 Things" participants. There were topics and sites I would not have thought of and outside of my usual range of interests. The idea of social networking is more real to me by experiencing the offerings of delicious.com

No comments:

Post a Comment