Gardens

Monday, October 4, 2010

Thing # 7 Commenting On Blogs

At the onset of this online course I did not really understand the difference in social networking and blogging. I surely did not understand that commenting was important in blogging. So I appreciated the insights shared on blogger commenting protocol. It just makes sense that if people take time to share their thoughts, they welcome and deserve to have readers respond. Conversation is at the core of learning, whether in person on in print.

After reading comments to my own blog, I experienced the value in commenting. We hear so much about dialoguing and discussing issues, as that is how people are generally programmed to be social and interactive by nature. What better way to be connected to a worldwide community of learners than to blog and exchange thoughts via comments. We can reach out to people all over the globe via the blogosphere with its aspect of commenting.

I understand and appreciate blogging more now and discern the difference more clearly in it and social networking. While both have great capacity for change and definite uses, I feel the educational value of blogging is invaluable. The interplay of thoughts at perhaps a more cerebral level than activities of social networking tools make the two animals by nature very different.

While both types of cyberspace connections cry for responses from the readers, I understand why commenting on blogs is different. It's a tool for confirming, sharing, rethinking and shaping ideas. Without commenting there would be only one voice, a monologue rather than a conversation.

1 comment:

  1. I agree on the comments about responding to others blogs. It makes that person feel that what they have to say is worth while. It is also a great way to share ideas with others. Some of the best ideas I have gotten from blogs.

    ReplyDelete