Gardens

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Thing # 9 Playing in the Wiki Sandbox

This one has been the most time-consuming Thing yet, as I have hit snag after snag learning to read carefully (and read again, and reread, then read what I read). It was truly a trial and error experience that I would not always label "play," which to me indicates fun and pleasure.

Alternating frustration and elation came as I misunderstood and wasn't successful at some parts and completed others. I did have to seek help from another "23 Things" graduate. Even discovering how to operate features on the computer, as well as navigating the instructions, was challenging.

Moving back and forth from home computer to school computer, from Safari to Firefox, from monitor to printed page, from instructions to play area involved some fancy dancing! All the above, while keeping up with the Rangers and their quest to win the ALCS, mind you, was tricky!

I tried to be Anal Annette in following instructions to the letter. The sample helped as---I confessed this in my first Blog post---I am not good at visualizing a finished product. The leeway given to be creative and add my own style and touches was the fun part, once I had a handle on the operations needed.

Finally, with great relief, I feel the finished product, my very own wiki page, is one I am pleased to let others know about. My evaluators may not be as thrilled, as I am still not sure about the Table of Contents. It does not look right to me, but I am pressing on in this technology trek . . . to Thing # 10.

2 comments:

  1. I think your wikki page turned out pretty good. It is very easy to get frustrated while working on this class. I have found myself frustrated on several occasions. Hang in there. The end result will be a good pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was by far the most difficult "thing" for me also. It is much easier from this point forward.

    ReplyDelete