Gardens

Monday, October 25, 2010

Thing # 13 Image Generators - A

It was cool exploring all the wildly creative avenues available on the online Image Generators. One of my favorites was this compilation of favorite images on flowers on Mosaic Maker using photos from Flickr.

Spelling out my Blogger name (shown below)with Spell With Flickr was both fun and fascinating, as there were hundreds of options of photos of every letter of the alphabet. Choosing from the treasure trove--which letter style and which mix of letters--could entertain one a great while.

My attempts at making a banner with Happy Face Generator were very frustrating. I spent way too much time trying to get the banner to upload, after designing it several times and trying on two different computers. I also was unable to save the photos onto my hard drive or locate them in the downloads when I needed them. I really wanted to put that banner as a gadget on my Blog, but I finally had to let it go.

My desire to conquer the task at hand drove me to spend hours, which I cannot really afford to do if I finish the course on time. Following the instruction of having several created images is going to have to be more loosely interpreted, as far as how many "several" is.

Wikipedia's article explaining Mashups certainly was enlightening about how merging, combining digital data into new creations can be done with these imaginative Image Generators. Using them for professional or personal correspondence, student reports and products, or fun hobbies, are just some of the possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. You can definitely get "lost" in the fun of playing and spend way too much time.

    ReplyDelete