Gardens

Friday, October 29, 2010

Thing # 14 Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

Trying some of these tools was entertaining, enlightening and amazing. I found that some of these offered the option to use Flikr and the Commons section, with which I was familiar from previous Thingstering. But it was also frustrating to try to experience some of these tools.

I tried creating a newsletter for family and friends called "The Fall Sun Fun Times," on one favorite site, and I repeatedly attempted to create on it but I could not figure out how to complete it, save it and upload it to my blog--all in proper sequence. The one I ended up managing to apply to my blog was not my favorite, but one I could figure out.

Toondoo allows one to customize cartoons and speech bubbles, using image selections provide or one's own. It's a clever way of getting content into students' hands without their being bored or turned off. They would have to know something about the content before they could put it into a fun, student-friendly cartoon.

The tools are so versatile and helpful in countless ways. They can save busy people--which educators are not busy?--lots of time in putting out excellent products in 21st century web work. The fact that so many of the numerous ones listed are interactive and can be uploaded by various means--to email, blogs, social network sites, etc., makes them have wide appeal in this very cyber-socially-oriented world of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment